Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Healing

I am still caring for my shoulder. I have not done any down-dog, table, chaturanga [my nemesis], cobra, or other asanas which involve pressure on the shoulders. I have been doing one-arm warrior asanas and one-arm chair pose and some leg asanas. It does not have the same feeling as the full asana, but I derive spiritual and physical benefit in terms of muscle experience and breathing.
Tomorrow I am going to practice poses on the mat which strengthen the abs. It is kind of difficult to restrain myself since I am such an over-achiever but I am working on the yogic mind and yamas so non-harming is my first priority.
I have lots of reading to complete but it is weird to complete text work without a corresponding yoga practice. It seems to lack a vital quality of practice and meditation on what I have read. It all flows together.
I am thinking alot about satya, truthfulness. This is tough. How many times have I made comments or statements which are true but are phrased in a manner to be pleasant or non-harming to the receiver of the statement when I really want to say what is on my mind???
I read a verse from somewhere that said "say what is pleasant, do not say what is unpleasant but say what is pleasant in a manner which is pleasing to the receiver". It is like the good news, bad news but said in a pleasant manner. I have been trying to do this at work but it is hard to re-orient myself to this approach.
Yamas are hard to incorporate into my life. The world does not routinely do this; I am trying to.

Namaste, practice ahimsa and satya....

Mary
Namaste
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment