Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Well the big date in November is approaching rapidly!!! November 29 is my appointment at the Italian Consulate in Philadelphia! Me and all the documents I have collected over the past 3 years! I am hopeful that they will accept it.

A photo of San Ginese, my Grandparents birthplace in Lucca, Tuscany!!

Lets see what else! Well I am on Day 108 of my 1000 day Sadhana! I meditate every day for 15 minutes [Shabd Kriya] in addition to my daily practice. Lately I have been doing Sat Kriya daily and now I am doing 7 minutes. I know, it does not sound like a long time but after 3-4 minutes my shoulders start telling me they are not happy tucked up there by my ears. But, I continue, breathing into them and relaxing the muscles helps to relieve the discomfort. I tell myself "keep up and I will be kept up".  So far this has worked.

I am teaching a class at he yoga Tree in Hickory on Saturday mornings at 9AM. I have usually 1-2 people in attendance but that it fine. Kundalini yoga is not mainstream in Hickory so I am very happy when one person arrives for class.

On October 20 I will be in Knoxville for White Tantric Yoga. It is a day-long meditation series to help clear the subconscious! This is another requirement for Kundalini Teacher Training so I am attending with a friend from my Training class! We will stay at an Ashram, sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag, and have an adventure of a totally different kind. I have some trepidation but I am sure this will be dispelled when we get started.

This past Wednesday I participated in a yoga class via Skype!! How cool is that? My Teacher from Chapel Hill is doing a series on "Rebirthing" and I really wanted to participate. So, I emailed her and asked about it and she was more than happy to prop me up in the studio! So I did! It was like being there. I have plans to participate in the next 3 classes so I am excited!! We can all use some "Rebirthing" to clear out the historical garbage from our minds:). This is my teacher:
Sacred Listener - HarDarshan Kaur Khalsa! check out the website for the class schedule

http://www.sacredlistener.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment