Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

End of Trimester 2

Here I am on Friday night before class [Saturday morning] finishing up my assignments for the end of the trimester. I had to think about the qualities of a yoga instructor that are important, discuss how I grew through my yoga pose assignment, and complete the final exam.

These were very thought-provoking assignments. The final made me think not only about this trimester but the first one as well. I had to assimilate my thoughts, experience and growth of the past several months into the "now". It seems so simple, merge then with now. Well, it ain't so. It is deeper than that. It is not about thoughts, it's about assimilating my thoughts with actions with yogic beliefs and practices with who I am and how I live.

It sounds easy but practicing ahimsa, satya, asteya, bramacharya and aparagrapha is harder than I ever thought. It involves being conscious and aware of my every thought, action, and future plan and to do so within the yogic yamas. To then add practicing the niyamas [or restraints] really challenges our daily actions and beliefs.

It comes down to being here and now, accepting the fact that all things will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment