Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Well, it is getting closer to finishing training. I can't believe it. When I started this path I did not plan on teaching yoga. I wanted to learn more about the spiritual path, not necessarily gear up to teach. Since I have started to teach at work one evening a week, I have realized that I really enjoy it. My "students" compliment me on my voice tone and overall presentation. They enjoy my readings and pose sequencing; and I'm told that my voice is very soothing,

I attended the Restorative Yoga training and have already signed up for a training in Yoga for Menopause. I have also registered for Yoga for the Older population to be held held in September at Asheville Yoga Center. I can't wait, especially since I work with the Geriatric population at work.

One of my students suggested that I offer a class "Yoga for Stress Recovery" for the Veterans. Even if all that is taken home is stress relief, it will be of benefit. I hope to start this either at the clinic [hmmmmm] or at the studio where I have been training, or maybe even private lessons outside the work relationship. I think a mix of gentle vinyasa and restorative would be a great way to introduce this to my population and help them to allay stress and recover from trauma and injuries.

I owe alot to my gurus and my students. They have educated me, given me a new love of yoga, and instilled in me the courage to teach and introduce yoga to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment