Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2009

So, here I am on my journey. Today we went for a walk in the woods, about 3.5 miles worth. But it was great because while on the trek we made it to a small pond in the park. When we got there we had our usual snack of 1/2 apple and some walnuts. We listened to the wind in the trees and I watched the ripples in the water from each leaf that hit the water. I spent alot of time listening to the birds and cicadas. There was something in the water, don't know if it was a bird of prey or a water creature like a turtle or fish. Every now and again we would hear a swishing of the water and then the ripples created by the movement. This was my meditation for today.

After the walk, I came home and got out the electric hedge trimmer and trimmed all the hedges on one side of the house. After using the electric trimmer and suffering through the vibration of the trimmer, I was able to reflect on my accomplishment and the change in appearance of the house and hedges. Shortly thereafter, I bagged up the clippings with the assistance of Hannah, my daughter, and breathed a cleansing breath.

For dinner, I made cabbage with onions, brussel sprouts amd Mojo, and barbequed Quorn "naked chicken breasts". Hannah made mashed potatoes and we had a small salad. All of this was part of my practice; a mediation as much as my walk in the woods earlier in the day.

Tomorrow morning I will likely rise early, meditate for 10-15 minutes, have some coffee, and head to work. I hope to be able to do some Chair yoga while at work, and then practice my Yoga in the late afternoon after I return home. It is a new routine and life for me. I hope to be able to continue my adaptation and experiences and share them here with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment